Monday, August 17, 2015

Fire Updates

While I don't have the time to write an extensive message tonight (last final of the quarter tomorrow), I wanted to write a note on our current situation.  As of now we are safe and sound despite the number of fires in Eastern Washington at this time.  The fire closest to us, is near Fish and Blue Lake.  It is a ways off yet and has not crossed the road onto our North Pine side.  It's a bit eery as we can see a good amount of smoke, and watched some active fires in the distance tonight (farther toward Conconully).  The planes were flying most of the day fighting the fires.  I talked with one of the guys leading the team on the "Okanogan Complex" fire, and he was able to tell me exactly where the fire was, and was reassuring in the fact that it was a fair distance away.  The problem is though, that resources are slim as they are stretched between so many fires.

Still Smiling on the Homefront... Don't Worry About us Gram!
Cam and I were able to be productive on the fire front today though.  Cam wired a generator into our shop that is big enough to run our well pump... which is a great asset if the power should go out.  I did some weed eating around the perimeter of our place to make a little buffer zone and got a sprinkler set up on the back side of our shop.  I also packed us up some clothes and essentials (pictures, baby books, etc.), should we have to be evacuated.  Cam does make me feel a bit better because he is not all that concerned as of yet, but I feel like we are at least ready to go should we need to.  We have several friends that have graciously extended their homes and help if need be, so I will rest easy tonight......after I get caught up on studying.  Stay tuned for updates, and the adventures of Team Brown on summer vacation!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...