Sunday, October 26, 2014

Easy Street Is Overrated

Cam tells me that if things were easy we wouldn't have any stories to tell... Hmmmm maybe I will have a book to write by the time we come out on the other side of this adventure.  Another busy week at school for me.  Our main instructor is out on medical leave and the rest of the quarter is packed full.  Just one thing after another, but I'm trying to battle back.  I will be starting clinicals soon in the local community!!!  Looking forward to getting out of the classroom and out into the real world.   






We discovered it does actually rain East of the mountains, and when it does it means it.  Cam and the kids toughed it out on the ponderosa though.  I'm sure the trailer will shrink in size once the weather changes, and we will feel like kings in the shop.  It's the best to come home to all three of them. 
 





Our shipping container full of our previous life arrived this week as well.   It's amazing how much stuff we have and how we have not once wanted or needed anything from it.  Simplicity is quite a nice way to exist really, and a practice I would love to continue.  If it weren't for my mile high stack of books I have I could really get into it.  "Lloyd" as we like to call the container was nevertheless a welcome sight.
Building progress this week was focused on digging the water line from the well to the shop, getting the pump and accessories for the well, and pouring the concrete for the shop floor (they did half of it).  Cam is brainstorming ways to set up our living quarters.  As always it's a lot to think about and you have to be able to visualize the future and determine the best way to not mess it up!  Hello??  Easy Street??  Maybe we could just try you out for a while???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...