Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Out of the Draw

Writing this sitting near our future house site, under a HUGE moon.  You can almost see all the hills surrounding us under it's light.  Today we moved the trailer up out of the meadow to the hillside.  Up here there are copious amounts of the following: dust, internet service, VIEWS, dirt, fresh air, dusty dirt, and sunshine.  It will be much easier for me to complete my homework up here, and looking around I feel like this is the view I longed for.  The kids loved riding in the trailer with me while Dad pulled the trailer up the mountain, even if he almost tipped us over once :).  The kids proceeded to cover every crevice of their body with dirt... and I believe Dottie was right when she said they often could pass as the kids on the Please Help Me Posters!
Signed our final house paperwork today in Okanogan, got a title company cup and a small profit out of the deal.  Feels good to not have that bill, I think we were pretty lucky how fast and easy that process was. 
Power and the beginning of our shop are on the docket for the coming week.  I have my first lab test tomorrow, but I am confident that not waking up at 5 am to get to the coffee shop will help my concentration. 
Last nights ATV ride up the mountain brought several visits with the neighbors.  Bear already calls the neighbor boy Granger his "new friend," and always looks forward to seeing them.  Met Jason's parents who live on Turtle Lake.  They seem just as nice as the rest of the clan and offered their house and any help if we were to run into trouble during the winter.  Barb is a nurse as well, so that's handy.  It feels like we have a good "neighborhood."
We have already moved on from the outhouse to a port-a potty.  Quite the upgrade to high society if you ask me.
Our days seem to be packed with something to do every second right now.  But at least we are together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...