Thursday, October 16, 2014

Power and Shelter





Tuesday was a big day at the  Strong BACK farmstead.  Power lines were run, and ground was broken for our shop.  Luckily I had the day off to see the progress!  It only took a mere couple hours to hook into the modern world of electricity.  The trench was dug and wire laid all the way down our hillside.  It's a bit bittersweet connecting into the real world, but I'm sure it will come in handy :)  Part of me was looking forward to truly living off the grid, but daily showers and a coffee pot don't sound too bad either. 






The plateau of "moon dust" has now become a construction site!  The crew has begun work on our shop... It is weird having hired help, but I am not complaining, they move fast and the threat of winter is near.  Bear of course loves to watch them and all their machinery and tools.  His Tonka trucks are out and in full production mode.   














Cal and Dottie arrived Tuesday as well, with their friends John and Pat.  Is nice to have some company and a chance to show people our new place in the world.  The kids are excited to have them and it reminded me of being a kid when Bear woke up and wanted to go to Grandma's trailer first off...

  Unfortunately, my technological problems continue... Had to make a mad dash to town late last night to submit a Pharmacology quiz.  Gone are the days of studying books, I guess!  Hearing the little one rustling around waking up from her nap, so signing off for now, more to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...