Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Power to the People

We have officially been hooked into the grid... Like the Keurig is already thinking about my coffee in the morning.... when I have to wake at 4am to head to Wenatchee for a health seminar.... Like I don't have to run out to turn off the generator after I finishing studying tonight... Less propane, more current. 
Now all we need is a washer/dryer and a few more square feet and we will be set.  This whole experience does really change your perspective on routine life.  Don't get me wrong we are warm at night and sufficiently fed, but take away running water and power and getting those things take a good amount of time throughout a day/week.  We have been using a big water tank in the back of the truck that we have to haul to town and back to fill the trailer, that's at least an hour and a half (and enough of a trip where we have been watching our water usage=less showers).  The generators have treated us well, but when in the course of a normal day do you provide any effort at obtaining power, other than to write the check to the PUD.  It all adds up to time and effort. 

 



The floor is poured on the shop, trusses are delivered and ready to hang, metal colors are picked out, and it's getting chilly! Coats are on and the fires are getting bigger.  The movies are beginning in our heads of backing up to the wood stove in our shop while the snow silently covers our property... And lucky for us Cam just found out our neighbors bought an amazing snow plow!!!!  Lucky :)






It is gratifying watching the kids enjoy the outdoors and
gain their independence in play and activity.  Bear's mind
is getting imaginative and I so remember the places mine would take me playing in the woods and I delight knowing that he does the same.  Kendyl is such a force and so independent, this life will not hold her back from much I doubt. 
We've been discussing school ideas for them and different ways to grow their confidence and give them both skills and wings.  Maybe we will go way out on a limb :)  We shall see what the next few years brings us, but I can't think of a better place to grow than in the wild.    

The next few phases of the shop will hopefully go fast and we will soon be setting it up for living quarters.  Can't wait for that. Never again will I complain about folding hoards of laundry in my own home, on my own time.  You want to take a sample from people of various walks of like... head to your local Laundromat!  Speaking of luxuries... I think I'm going to go charge something :)

Strong BACK (Barrett Amanda Cam Kendyl) Farm continues pressing on...........................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...