Saturday, October 11, 2014

Through An RV Window

Blue skies and a nice breeze rolling over our hills and through my window.  Kendyl is napping in her bunk while the boys are out "deer hunting," and hiking the ravine.  Homework and coffee are on my horizons.  Feels good to have a day off, and gives me a sense of this being home now, and a routine slowly beginning to form.
Up around 7:30 this morning with a Bear covering most my face.  Soon heard the little one say mom a few times followed by her favorite obsession "MOOO COWWW."  If we ever get cows I'm thinking Kendyl will never leave their sides.  "Pony" is one of her newest words as well, much to the exasperation of her father!  Picked up our few square feet before heading out to breakfast, dump, and grocery store.  The blue skies are a welcome sight, and doing "normal" activities is fun in a new location.  Attended the Tonasket vs. Oroville football game last night... was very different.  Fun, small, and welcoming, but there haven't been too many sporting events where I have felt like an outsider, and strange to think of the kids being on their own over here.  I told Cam I was tempted to suit up and pretty sure I could beat half the team, after all my dad has said I would be the best nose guard this side of the Mississippi ;)  The kids met the tiger mascot and relished in a bag of gourmet popcorn which was deemed far better than Les Schwab.  Bear got a look at the elementary school playground, and actually thought it looked like fun. 
We have noticed an influx of hunters, and I have already made great plans in my mind to someday conquer the higher country where no one wants or can hike into.  I mean in all my spare time.  Speaking of time, my study clock is ticking as is nap time.  Back to work learning how to heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work Work All Week Long

Sometimes Life Must Be Pondered I've had a hard time being motivated to write lately.  I know everyone enjoys our homesteading tales...